I found some yellow flower paintings in my stash that I did more than ten years ago in watercolor– one of them sunflowers. I’ve never been happy with them, but I couldn’t bear to throw them out; I could still see potential. My watercolor was really pale (originally)– I did that painting when I was at a different place… I decided to paint over it in much richer hues and I am so psyched! These paintings are going to have a new life and they are going to look so much better. It’s fun to see where I used to be compared with where I am now.
Update 6/20: So I reworked these paintings and I made them a lot brighter and gave them more drama. I’m going to show them (virtually) down the road after I have amassed a group of them. It was a blast remaking these and I learned a lot in the process about how I want to deal with colors in the future. So stay tuned for more paintings after My 35 Words virtual show is completed.